If kidneys wore clothes, they’d be dressed in well-worn denim jeans and a work-shirt. They are your body’s blue-collar organs. Kidneys are on the job 24/7 to remove waste and excess fluid. Every 24 hours, your kidneys process 200 quarts of blood and lymphatic fluid in order to sift out 2 quarts of waste—potential fat-producing substances, such as metabolites (food fragments the body doesn’t use) and organic compounds—plus extra water through your urine.
Because kidneys do so much work with no time off, it’s crucial to keep them well supported.
An unhealthy kidney moves out less waste and produces less of the important hormones needed to maintain high metabolism. Why is that important? When your metabolism plummets, waste and fluids begin to accumulate, and normal muscle repair shuts down. Then your body isn’t able to build muscle mass or utilize carbohydrates for fuel. And instead of calories being used to produce and repair muscle, they are accumulated and stored as fat.
Your KIDNEY Helps You Detox by:
- Removing excess wastes and fluids from your body
- Filtering out fat-producing substances
- Balancing your blood pressure
Your KIDNEY Needs:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
You Can Help Your KIDNEY Stay Healthy by:
- Drinking at least 2 quarts of fluids daily
- Eating adequate, not excessive, protein in your diet
- Adding Kidney SKILL© foods, herbs, and spices to your diet